For more information contact Nestor Alvarenga, Latino Liaison at
email@example.com or 240-777-2525
1. Montgomery County Habitat for Humanity has committed to building 45 new homes and rehabilitating 45 existing homes in Morazán and will take groups of Montgomery County residents each year.
2. Movermoms, a nonprofit organization that enables busy moms and families to actively participate in community service, organizes international service trips for county residents each August.
3. The Sister Cities committee, in partnership with the Association for the Educational Development for El Salvador, have sent medical equipment and educational supplies to Morazán with an estimated value of $22,500.
4. The Sister Cities El Salvador committee has organized several events for raise funds including an end of year Fiesta, a reception for supporters at a recent soccer match between the University of Maryland and the Salvadoran, under 23, Olympic team; and a Salvadoran American Day Dinner in partnership with COTSA, an umbrella group of Salvadoran hometown associations.
5. Sister Cities helped connect a company in El Salvador with a local nonprofit for a business venture. Sister Cities helped connect Morazán with the international organization, Hungry for Music which has raised money for instruments for children in Morazán.
6. The committee purchased 10 computers to set up a computer lab in the start up community college in Morazán.
7. Three Montgomery College professors from the Global Humanities Institute travelled to Morazán in July 2013 to offer technical assistance to the new community college in Morazán and to conduct an exploratory trip for the Global Humanities Institute.