Montgomery Sister Cities Board Minutes for September 15, 2011
- The Board voted to extend current board member terms for another year.
- The Board voted to extend the terms of its current officers for another year.
- In board building Connie Morella and Amir should be contacted.
- Beit Shemesh agreement should be signed in late January.
- Gondar benefit details discussed. Event to be November 20.
- Gondar exploratory trip in late January and Ike follow up in fall need planning.
- Lily Qi spoke about partnering in China. There are 30 Chinese home Associations in the county that might help, but also confuse. Lily said that “2nd tier” cities are most interested in us (bearing in mind they have populations in the millions). Sister Cities should attend a county home association consortium meeting to get known by the home associations. Lily has identified Tianjin and Suzhous as possibilities, but knows the list will grow. She thought we might make an exploratory trip to China within 9 months and partner within 18 months.
- Evelyn and Bruce described the Morazan trip from last summer. Traveler efforts included formal ceremonies (the agreement signing), community service (Habitat for Humanity) ordering tables and setting up a library in a school and giving workshops on various subjects.
- Mier’s part-time work for the county on loan to sister cities has been extended.